There are many health benefits of fasting in Ramadan!
- During the fasting day, the body transitions from burning consumed carbs to burning stored fats and this assists in losing excess fat and unwanted weight.
- During Ramadan, the body gets the opportunity to detox from all the calories that were consumed on normal days.
- The body controls blood sugar levels during fasting and functions normally without calorie intake.
- People who suffer from inflammatory diseases are at lesser risk during fasting as the body reduces the number of markers.
- When fasting, teeth do not get exposed to acid attacks like when eating all day.
- Ramadan helps improve mental health of people as they get together and spend quality, precious time together.
- Ramadan helps us avoid bad habits such as smoking or excessive alcohol drinking.